At Coveti we value your privacy and we acknowledge your privacy protection under UK’s data protection regulator and EU data protection laws (“Data Protection Law“) our data protection officer can be contacted by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal details will only be used by Coveti to process and deliver your order and maintain your account with us. As is the case with many large organizations, communications by phone may be recorded for the purposes of monitoring or to improve our customer service standards, training, and security purposes. This policy applies only to activities Coveti engages in on its website and does not apply to Coveti activities that are unrelated to the website. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices on any website not operated by Coveti to which the site links or that links to the site.
Disclosure Of Your Information
Coveti will not sell (or trade or rent) personally identifiable information to other third-party companies as part of our regular course of business, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested by the customer.
We may share non-personal information (such as the number of daily visitors to our web page, or the size of an order placed on a certain date) with third parties such as marketing and advertising partners. This information does not directly identify you personally or any user.
How Do We Use Your Information? Any personal information we collect from you will be used in accordance with the United Kingdom’s applicable laws.
We may collect your personal information in the following ways:
- When processing your order and communicating with you regarding the goods or services you have ordered from us (your details may be passed on to a third party for them to supply or deliver the products you have ordered. We may retain your details for a reasonable period after you have completed the transaction, to fulfill any contractual obligations such as refunds).
- Process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions (we may retain your details (including your credit/debit card information) for these purposes for a period of time and we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions).
- When updating our records and maintaining your account with us.
- When recommending offers and merchandise of your interest, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- Complying with legal requirements.
- When improving the content and appearance of Coveti or our catalogs, ensure that the content is presented in the most effective and appealing manner to you.
- Assessing and processing your job application for the recruitment and selection process.
- When completing any surveys that we send to you for research purposes.
- When you enter, any prize draws or competitions run by Coveti.
- With a view to understanding our customer’s needs better, we will, with your permission, retain the information you have provided us and the details of any purchases you have made. This enables us to offer products and services that are likely to be of interest to you.
How does Coveti collect your personal information?
- When you register or use Coveti (the “Website”).
- Details of your transactions on our site or when you are calling us.
- When you contact Coveti by phone or email for any inquiries.
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access.
A legal basis for processing in the EU
In the EU, the purposes for which we process your personal data are:
- The provision of personal data by you may be necessary for the performance of any contractual relationship we have with you;
- where it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations laid down by EU law;
- wherein our legitimate interests (provided these are not overridden by your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms – this includes our own legitimate interests and those of other entities and branches in our group of companies) such as:
- a) to contact you and respond to your requests and inquiries;
- b) for business administration, including statistical analysis;
- c) to provide the Services to you; and
- d) for fraud prevention and detection; and
- e) to comply with applicable laws, regulations, or codes of practice.
We may also process your personal data on the basis of your freely given, specific, informed, and unambiguous consent. You should be aware that you are entitled under Data Protection Law to withdraw your consent where that has been given, at any time. If you do this and we have no alternative lawful reason to process your personal data, this may affect our ability to provide you with the right to use the Services.
For residents in the EU and Switzerland
If you are located in the EU or Switzerland, you have the following rights in respect of the personal data that we hold:
- The right of access. The right to obtain access to your personal data.
- Right to rectification. The right to obtain rectification of your personal data without undue delay where that personal data is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure. The right to obtain the erasure of your personal data without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
- Right to restriction. The right to obtain the restriction of the processing undertaken by us on your personal data in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of that personal data.
- Right to portability. The right to portability allows you to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one organization to another.
- Right to object. You have a right to object to processing based on legitimate interests and direct marketing.
Keeping In Touch With Coveti And Your Rights
At Coveti we keep you up to date with information about new arrivals, special offers, and improvements to our site. If you decide you do not wish to be contacted by us, you can request that by unsubscribing to our newsletter. The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to periodic company news, updates, and/or related product or service information, etc.
Coveti may contain links to and from the websites of our partners and third parties such as marketers, networks, and advertisers. If you decide to follow a link to any of these websites, please be aware that these websites have their own privacy policies and at Coveti we do not take any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Coveti does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 on this Service. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com
The Site incorporates physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, including the Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) for all financial transactions through Coveti. We use SSL encryption to protect your personal information online and we also take several steps to protect your personal information in our facilities. Access to your personal information is restricted. We rely on third-party service providers for the physical security of some of our computer hardware and hosting. We believe that their security procedures are adequate. For example, when you visit the site, you access servers that are kept in a secure physical environment, behind a locked cage and an electronic firewall. Learn more about our security policy here
For your safety and protection, your credit card information is not stored on our servers. Our payment gateway provider, Stripe keeps this information encrypted and secure on your behalf. All transactions on Coveti are processed by a secure online payment gateway that encrypts your card details before it is transmitted over the Internet to the payment gateway. Coveti is fully PCI DSS compliance and our secure online payment gateway is fully PCI DSS compliance with an enhanced security layer that provides an unparalleled level of data security to our customers shopping at Coveti Together with our payment gateway we have an unrivaled Heuristic Fraud Detection engine that provides an unprecedented level of risk detection to ensure extra protection layer for our customers shopping with us.
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
By using Paypal checkout, you may be storing personal data or sharing data with an external service. Never send any sensitive information, such as passwords or credit card information, via email. Where you have chosen to create a password to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. More about payment security here
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
The security of our website is of the utmost importance to us. Our site uses software to provide high-level encryption technology. We will never contact you by email to ask you to send or confirm any of your personal details if we need any information of this nature we will only contact you by telephone. Never send any sensitive information, such as passwords or credit card information, via email. Where you have chosen to create a password to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.